Sunday, March 31, 2013

On Easter

A most blessed, blessed Easter to you all. That's honestly all I can think to say right now. I hope you all had as amazing a day as I know I'm going to have (I know, I know, don't count your chickens before their hatched...). But when the day starts with finding your epic Les Miserables egg in the flower vase, (it just makes me happy) as well as candy littering the table, (you all know what happens with me and candy) not even to begin to mention the stunning Mass the night before...well then :)
"See Mother, I make all things new." - The Passion of the Christ (incidentally, I watched it for the first time this past Good Friday... The scene with Mary where the quote comes from was lovely. The whole movie was beyond tears for me. You know, there's a line from the series "Catholicism" I remember from a while ago. I can't remember who said it, but it really got to me. They were showing a picture of the Crucifixion, a picture of Christ in all his misery, and the quote was "There is a picture...of a happy man." I don't know why that hit me so hard. But I think about it a lot.Well what do you know, I found something to say after all, however brief.) 
-Rhian 

No comments:

Post a Comment