Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On rain and flowers

Its the "girly girl" post you've all been waiting for. Well, I would never say I was a tomboy, but I'm no strictly feminine teenager either. However, the one thing I've clung to with all my female love is the flower. I'm not going to go on and on and on about it the off chance that a male is reading this (and if he is, is probably wanting to leave right now), but I will say that the flower is a lot more than a Valentine's Day gift. Its a piece of nature that, in my opinion, has a way of outshining all the rest. Contrary to most of my sex, I prefer wildflowers to roses (though roses are nice too). Wildflowers have a way of attracting my eye with their hundreds of different shades, delicacies and shapes, even scents. And, unlike roses, you can pick them without killing your hands. Flowers brighten a yard, and brighten every girls day when she has a chance to pick them some time when there's nothing else to do. (Rare this time of year, but summer yields the best wildflowers and roses anyway). The flower is something that looks pretty and smells nice. As Matthew Chapter six says "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed like on of these." This particular verse also reminds us of the fact that God always takes care of us. (lilies, actually, are one of my favorite flowers. Ok, I confess. They're all my favorites). 
Speaking of things that look pretty and smell nice, the rain today was wonderful. Something about rain always makes me feel more alive than any other weather condition. I love it. 
(I'm sure you all know that, staring at me like I've killed ten people because I come in from lunch a little wet ;) As the saying goes. "Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain." While I'm still working on that real meaning of it, I think I've been able to take the literal words seriously enough.

April showers bring May flowers. Rain will make the flowers grow. You've heard them all, and there's really no point in putting an ending quote here. God designed nature with a beauty beyond compare - if one of you can truly smell like rain, or dress like the delicate cornflower, then maybe we'll talk. Not that any of you WANT to look like a cornflower - we're made in God's image, after all. What could be more beautiful than that?
-Rhian
( I think you've all caught on by now that I've got nothing of import to say, so I just wrote on the two things that make me feel slightly less tired than I do now, draped on the keyboard that I am. Going back to school after a three-week break will do that to you :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment