Tuesday, May 21, 2013

On the Reliability of Online Quizzes and a bit of a shock at my writing...

Sometimes you want to believe what they tell you, sometimes you don't. For example, they declare that my favorite color is white. Sorry, it's blue (white isn't even technically a color, right?). Survive 387 days in the zombie apocalypse? I'd probably be the first zombie (though I'd like to think I wouldn't - see what I mean?) In the Harry Potter books I'm most like (wait for it) Hermione, Luna, Harry, George  Bellatrix and Dean Thomas. They couldn't seem to decide on one...also, I'd be crowned victor of the Hunger Games. (I think they just say that to everyone). I'm mostly likely to hook up with Agent Coleson from the Avengers (o.0), my vintage actress is Audrey Hepburn (!! :D), I'm destined to marry Taylor Lautner (could do worse, I guess...) and last but not least (though my least favorite result), I write like Stephanie Meyer.
It's one of those "wut?!?" moments. I always honestly thought when it came to stories I kinda sucked at writing, but overall my style was the most like Suzanne Collins (though I'd hope my story-lines are a bit more wholesome and my characters more likable, no offense to you Hunger-Gamers out there). Apparently not - I put in six different entries, and the majority came up as Miss Meyer. Seeing as I've never bothered to read Twilight, I suppose I can't judge, but I certainly began to doubt the reliability of my quiz - will I write bestsellers with sucky storylines, or stick to my own style and never win big? I guess we'll find out if I ever finish a book on my own...
"Computers are usless. They can only give you the answers." - Picasso. Sucky guy, sucky quote, and sometimes, as proven, computers give wrong answers, in which case they aren't really answers in the first place. 
-Rhian
P.S. You know something funny? I put the above post into the quiz, and it said I wrote like J.K. Rowling...my reliability on its answers just sunk like an elephant baby tied to a bowling ball...



No comments:

Post a Comment